If you are looking for assistance with your residential roof in central Arkansas, contact Fraley Roofing. We have been in the roofing business in this area for over 40 years. We are highly rated and accredited with the Better Business Bureau. We’ve pleased so many homeowners over the years that the majority of our customers are referrals or repeat customers.
If you have experienced hail or wind damage, contact Fraley Roofing TODAY! We will work with your insurance to make the process easier for you. Just give us a call or contact us online.
Important Factors to Consider Involving a Roof Replacement Performed by Fraley Roofing
- Fraley Roofing installs NEW felt paper on each roof which is standard procedure, however, many roofers do not in order to save money and increase profits.
- Fraley Roofing installs a STARTER SHINGLE around the entire perimeter of the roof. This special shingle with a highly adhesive product is designed to prevent wind-blown shingles and leaks around the roof’s perimeter. The majority of roofing installers avoid this by using only standard shingles instead which is an old method.
- Fraley Roofing installs a heavy rubberized mat underlayment known as “Ice and Water Shield” around the chimney, troublesome areas such as “dead valleys’, skylights, valleys, and all roof penetrations.
- We never leave a job-site unattended. Each job-site has an on-site job coordinator who oversees the work throughout the entire process.
- These procedures are followed with each and every roof replacement we perform in an effort to eliminate the possibility of future problems and prolong the durability and life of the roofing installation.
- Fraley Roofing disposes of all composition roofing materials.
- Fraley Roofing uses the highest grade materials regardless of the manufacturer. We often order from several different manufacturers for each job we perform in order to ensure the best product.
- While a roofing replacement operation is a messy one we are committed to protecting your lawn and landscape while installing your new roof.
- We ensure at the end of the job that the property is thoroughly cleaned of all debris including NAILS. We use a high powered magnetic roller and wand to pick them up.
- These procedures are included in our pricing.
What to Expect During Your Reroofing Project
If you are like most of our customers, this is probably your first experience with reroofing and will be wondering what to expect. Fraley Roofing wants to put your mind at ease.
- Scheduling: We will call to inform you of both delivery and start dates. In the event we are unable to reach you we will leave a message on your answering machine or with the person who answers the phone. In this event, rescheduling may be necessary. We will not start your project until we receive a confirmation call. Please ask your sales rep the expected install date from the time of your signed proposal.
- Weather Conditions: Should your project be delayed due to bad weather we will notify you of schedule changes. We are fully prepared in case the weather should turn bad during your project. The crews will seal your roof to prevent water from entering your home. We will resume work as soon as the weather allows.
- Delivery: Material will be delivered on a large truck by a local shingle supply warehouse. If you have specified to our representative where you want the material delivered they will place it there. Please notify us 24 hours prior to delivery of any changes in your delivery instructions.
- Communications: If you have any questions or problems during your roofing job, please call the office immediately. Our office hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Someone is on duty to take your call 24 hours a day at 501-834-9602.
- Shingles: There are usually two types of shingles sent to the job. One may be starter shingles; the other shingles are the brand and style of shingle you requested to have installed.
- Wiring and Air Conditioning: Electrical, telephone, security, air conditioning, or any other service lines should not be installed directly underneath the roof deck. If you are aware of any such lines, we must be notified immediately. We cannot be responsible of the puncture of improperly installed lines within three inches of the roof deck.
- Light Fixtures, Mirrors and Pictures: These items can fall if not firmly attached to wall or ceiling. We suggest that you check to make sure they are secured. If in doubt, take them down. Small cracks or crow’s feet will sometimes appear in older plaster and sometimes small particles of the acoustical will fall. We cannot assume the responsibility of these items as a result of reroofing. This is almost unavoidable in vaulted ceilings.
- Tear Off: When it is necessary to remove your existing roof or roofs, debris will fall through your lath or decking into the attic. You may want to cover any items which require protection. There will be a thorough cleanup of the exterior of your premises. We use a magnet to retrieve loose nails; however, we can only pic up approximately 98% of the nails that fall around the area.
- Access: Your contract price was figured utilizing access to the driveways for our trucks, as well as electricity. If exterior plugs are not available we may need you to run an extension cord through a window or door.
- Trees & Shrubs: If you have low hanging branches over your roof, some trimming may be necessary. Our men will only cut those limbs that limit our ability to do an efficient and workmanlike job. In some cases you may prefer to have the tree or trees trimmed by professional before we begin our job.
- Chimney Flashing: If the chimney flashing cannot be waterproofed once work begins, an additional charge may be added to the contract price to replace the flashing or counter flashing unless otherwise stated in your contract.
- Sidewall Flashing: When one roof is installed over another roof, new flashings are sometimes needed at the vertical sidewalls.
- Solar Panels: Arrangements to remove and replace solar panels are the sole responsibility of the owner unless otherwise stated in your contract.
- Antennas: We remove and reinstall antennas up to 20 feet in height but we cannot be responsible for the old lead-in wire braking. Satellite dishes will be reinstalled but will not be realigned. It may be necessary to have the satellite provider come recalibrate the unit. Fraley Roofing is not responsible if this is necessary.
- Vents: Upon completion of your job please check the interior connections of your furnace and hot water heater vent pipes. These pipes have a tendency to be dislodged when reflashing the bases. Since these pipes exhaust carbon monoxide we strongly recommend having an HVAC certified contractor inspect the pipes in the attic as Fraley Roofing is not certified to do this. Any costs incurred will be the responsibility of the homeowner.
- Leftover Material: Our proposals are based on a complete job. Any leftover materials remain the property of Fraley Roofing. We customarily over ship a small quantity to ensure adequate supplies for our crews.
- Project Inspection: Upon completion of the reroofing project, the roofing foreman will inspect the work and complete an inspection report. We ask that you meet with the foreman to insure that he clearly understand your concerns.
- Payment: The payment for your roof may be remitted to our salesperson upon completion of your projects. There is also the option to pay on our secure website. If you choose to mail in your payment please make checks payable to Fraley Roofing. All of our jobs are due upon completion. Please make arrangements for funds to be available at this time. (some exceptions to this guideline)